Disclaimer:

SPSSCS does not guarantee the veracity, reliability or completeness of any information provided in this forum. The opinions expressed on the SPSSCS Bulletin Board reflect solely the opinions of the participants.

milia

Home Forums Bulletin Board milia

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kholil 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Cindy

Does anyone have any special tips for removing milia? I have a patient that has them (very stubborn) all across her jaw line. She had them extracted years ago in another state and says that a cream was applied prior to her treatment. She doesn’t recall what it was. Advice?

Kathy Jones BSN, RN, CPSN

I use lancets and 6″ cotton swabs (small head) to lift them out and have very little problems. She probably used a BLT topical cream (Rx) for pain during extractions.

KHill, RN

I do the same as Kathy. I have found it to be less traumatic than using a comedone extractor. You may want to do some kind of exfoliation and warm compress, steam or something to make the skin softer before proceeding with extractions.

Kholil

An hourly rate cpetlmoely depends on who you are working for and what the terms of your employment are. For example, if you rent your own space and are doing simple european facials, you can generally charge between $65 and $150 per hour depending on where you are located (nowhere, Virginia or New York City). If you own the space, this is all yours do 4 a day and you have yourself a nice $100,000 per year job. If you enter into a "split" agreement with a spa or clinic owner, you may get a 50% split of whatever you do, so the same facial, you will get $35 to $75 for each treatment. The difference here is that you have no expenses or overhead to deal with. Lastly, if you have specialty equipment like a LipoMax, or DermaPod machine, for example, you can charge a LOT more for each treatment well into the hundreds. Also- you can set up repeat treatments to get a much higher average customer value.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: milia
Your information:

+ 9 equals seventeen

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>