- Annual meeting to enhance professional skills
- Opportunity to apply for annual meeting member scholarship
- ANCC approved continuing nursing education applicable towards CPSN recertification requirements
- "Mentors for New Members" Program
- Quarterly newsletters
- Professional networking opportunities
- Web site access
- Membership and Resource Directory
- Professionally recorded audio tape sets from the annual meeting
- Opportunities for leadership and experience in a volunteer organization
- Representation by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) in many medical practice arenas
- Opportunities to attend specified ASAPS and ASPS scientific sessions and teaching courses
- Nationally recognized plastic surgical skin care society
The SPSSCS offers membership opportunities for licensed plastic surgical skin care specialists practicing in the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons. Membership is open to registered nurses, licensed practical nurses or licensed skin care professionals practicing under the direct supervision of a plastic surgeon certified by or eligible for examination by the ABPS or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or facial plastic surgeons who are a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery or oculoplastic surgeons who are a member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery or dermatologic surgeons who are a member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
- Active Membership
Active participation in the SPSSCS is the gateway to your professional growth and identity. Networking, participation, relationship-building, leadership and educational opportunities abound.
- Associate Membership
Active members of the SPSSCS, who no longer meet the employment requirements for active membership, may retain an Associate membership for 12 months while seeking affiliation.
- International Membership
Eligible licensed skin care professionals, employed by or practicing under the direct supervision of international plastic surgeons, may also benefit as members of the SPSSCS.